Tuesday 27 May 2014

Get Inspired... check out this body builder with no hands...


This 37-year-old mother-of-two lost the use of her arms during a horrific electrical accident as a toddler - but she didnt let that stop her from pursuing her bodybuilding dream.



 Barbie Thomas says she can do about anything an average person can do - but more amazingly, she uses her feet. This includes brushing her teeth, making dinner, taking milk out of the fridge, texting, shopping, putting on makeup and even driving. Woow


The single mom - who has been married three times(she never Gabe up on love) - began her bodybuilding business way back in 2003.


She said: 'I used to read about all the fitness competitors in magazines - and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I wanted to be like them and do the things they were doing. I thought it was amazing.


After many years of doubting herself and wondering if she'd even qualify because she didn't have arms to do the competition mandatories: 'I finally called the locale chairperson and talked to him about it; and he gave me the green light.


Barbie lost her arms when she was two years old. She climbed onto an electrical transformer and grabbed the wires. The electricity entered her hands and surged through her body - scorching her arms down to the bone and turning them into something 'like charcoal.'


She said: 'The doctor said I wouldn't live - and if I did live, I'd probably be a vegetable, but God had a different plan for me; I'm still here, healthy, and alive and well.'






No comments:

Post a Comment