Tuesday 25 March 2014

Rihanna Named 2014 Fashion Icon


The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) has named pop star Rihanna the Fashion Icon of 2014.


She will receive the prestigious award at the CFDA Fashion Award ceremony in June.


Rihanna, 26, has already made her mark in the fashion industry. She was a staple at Paris Fashion Week earlier this year and also created her own clothing line.


Last year, she debuted the line for U.K. high street chain River Island during London Fashion Week. But it's more about what she wears than what she designs.


Earlier this month she stepped out in a lavender, two-piece Chanel ensemble with matching sneakers. Or how about this interesting furry outfit ?


In February, she told Vogue magazine that she prefers not to wear a bra. "If I'm wearing a top, I don't wear a bra. If I'm wearing a bra, I just wear a bra." She also said she's willing to suffer for fashion, particularly if it means wearing something like her four-inch, pointy-heeled Yves Saint-Laurent boots.
"It's not about pain. It's about the commitment. I say to myself, 'I want to look like this,' and worry about the pain later. I've had nights I had to tiptoe home and the balls of my feet wouldn't even allow me to stand," she admitted.


No comments:

Post a Comment