Thursday 8 October 2015

INSPIRATIONAL: DESPITE BEING BORN WITHOUT LEGS, TEENAGER GOES ON TO BE STAR SUPER GOAL KEEPER



Emmanuel Hilton​ swas thrown away by his mother when she discovered he had been born without legs. ​


"She couldn't take care of me and she threw me away," Emmanuel told CBS of his birth in the African nation of Congo​. "She didn't like me. I was handicapped. And she threw me in the middle of the road, like when a car passes, somebody can hit me and I can die."​​


He was saved from that road by a woman who took him to an orphanage. He stayed there until Michelle Hilton and her husband Gary adopted him and brought him to their home in Pennsylvania. 


She said ​"I thought this kid just needs a chance, you know, What could happen if we just step out in faith and just give him a chance? And so we did, and it's good. It's not that hard."


A year ago, Emmanuel, who goes by the nickname "E-Man" could barely speak English, today he is a goalie on the JV soccer team at Blackhawk High School​. He said he was hesitant at first to try out for the time, wary that the other boys wouldn't accept him. But coach ​Bryan Vitali​ said the opposite was the case. 


Emmanuel said he's happy being part of the school's team. ​"They like me, they're happy, so I feel comfortable to be on the team, my life right now is very happy. It doesn't matter to me. I can do anything. I can do anything right now."


Inspirational words to keep in mind...





No comments:

Post a Comment